_

March 5, 2014

LET'S GO JUNKIN'

Hi All,
We all have those favorite spots to frequent on shopping days.  One of mine is a local thrift store.
I love the hunt for useful vintage.  My home is filled with items that have history. I just can't pass on a beautiful piece for a good price.  Only draw back is sometimes it cost me more to accessorize the treasure.
This lamp shade cost more than the lamp!


Oh, did I mention I try to keep my purchases under $10.00.  Well, there was this exception last week.


I love this oak bookcase!  It is five feet tall and in such wonderful shape that I know it was very loved. It may have been a piece that matched a curio secretary. Possibly from the early 1900's. It is in my dining room now, and will be filled with other treasures that I have found.

First piece on the book shelf is this Homer Laughlin Craftsman platter - a treasure for only $2.50.
How did I do?


What treasures have you found lately?

Until next time,
Deb.


No comments: