_

March 4, 2014

ART JOURNAL: 2 WEEKS!

Hi All,
I just realized upon finishing this weeks +Journal52 prompt, (Color Swatch), that I forgot to post last weeks project, (Found Poetry)!

So here is how I "found" poetry.


I started with an old paperback book that was damage.  Words that interested me were randomly circled then torn out to make a statement.
Once I had the thought together I made the background with gesso and stencils, added cardboard, placed my poem, stamped and painted acrylics, colored with pencils and markers.
The found poetry says:
There is no woman like She,
She had moved with the grace of a deer, with the power and abandon of a cougar,with the soaring freedom of an eagle.
Light began to flicker; the plea for release
"I am happy. let me go".

This weeks challenge was "Color Swatch".
I love color, so this was hard for me not to add every color under the sun. Honestly, these are some of the colors that I painted the walls in my house! (Check out my inspiration board on Pinterest).
    


I used pieces of scrapbook paper to extend my pages; you may have noticed this on other pages, I really don't like sharp edges.  I painted dots made from the brush handle dipped in paint, black gel pen was used for outlining, and colored pastels to fill areas.

How do you Art?
Leave me a comment or send me a picture of what you have created lately!
Until next time,
Deb 



No comments: