_

March 2, 2014

HOW DOES YOUR GARDEN GROW?

Hi All,
As I sit in front of the fire with a bowl of chicken soup and a cup of hot tea, my spring catalog from +AnniesAnnuals.com is enticing me.
Just the pictures of the brightly colored blooms, promised for warmer weather, seem to make me feel warmer.
Living in the mountains is wonderful! Gardening is another story.
I love the deer, squirrels, and birds; they love me too.
When I find the perfect, tolerant plant for my planting zone, the deer love me; it seems to be their favorite flavor!
The birds love me for the tender greens and young stems I provide for their nests.
Oh, and the squirrels love me for all those bulbs that they dig, dig, dig!

This season I have a new plan.  I might be lucky to out smart my forest friends; time will tell.

During the Fall I worked on an area for a greenhouse and another area for a small fenced garden.

In place for Winter


I placed the green house in a sunny spot among the trees and it stayed warm through the Winter!




My green house is six feet deep by ten feet across and has enough room for several shelves, hanging plants and ground planting.
I will have a rose or two, safe from nibbling.  Heirloom vegetable seeds from +ReneesGarden.com will be started soon and have a fighting chance to become strong plants.  My order from AnniesAnnuals.com will have plenty of room to join my plant family. 

Perhaps I will have a colorful summer!
Keep your fingers crossed and check back to see how it grows.

Until next time,
Deb





No comments: