_

January 5, 2014

Let the light in!

Open a window and let the light in…
Shine!

It has been a sunny and warm morning for January.  I washed my hair with my favorite lavender shampoo and sat in the greenhouse soaking up the heat.  The fragrance of warm earth, new growth, and sweet lavender made me glad for this special day.
The light is wonderful; bright, fresh, renewing.  I could feel it penetrate into my soul.  Being a new year with all possibilities at my feet, I felt today was made for me.
As I enjoyed the moment, my mind wandering in flower scented fields in that dream place I sometimes go, a peace and relief came over me.
Reaching for the light, the seedlings moved, adjusting their position to receive the full exposure.  I realized I was much the same as they; growing, reaching, seeking the light.
Yes, it doesn't matter what time of the year or what time of the day, we only have to open a window in our hearts and let the light in.  We need to remember who we are; our strengths come to us through courage and bravery.  Growth comes through experience, sometimes what we endure or at times, what happens to those around us and the lessons learned in how they handle themselves.  Growth comes by letting the light shine on us.  Follow the dreams, jump in with both feet and bask in the light.

No comments: