_

December 31, 2013

Mid Winter Dreams, (Fairy Garden)

Winter provides us with a time of reflection.  The rain showers and fluffy white snow drifts wash and cover the sleeping earth and the daylight has a shorter window for us to view it.


A new year, a fresh start, a clean slate; it is all there for us to take in and make it ours.


Over the last few days I have found myself dreaming of Spring and projects to do outside in the warmer weather.  So many ideas, inspirations and plans to develop.

Lettuce and micro greens are growing in my green house; bare root roses will find a home in the warm soil on the western side in a few weeks.  This summer I will enjoy the filtered light they provide, along with the sweet aroma.

While in transition, I have found a delight in my table top gardens. 
One that I assembled last winter needs a little update and the small fountain needs cleaning.  The following pictures are the disassembled and reconstructed garden. 
I am giving the plants a good drink while I wash the glass and clean the rocks.

The saucers are stacked to provide elevation.
Rocks are added to stabilize the saucers.

Plants and the water feature are fitted for placement.




Soaked moss is place around edges of the container and pots.

Now to bring it to life with new tenants!
















If you are using a jar, remember to leave it open for air.


Add some adornments and enjoy your indoor garden until summer when we can do it in a big way out doors!