_

January 28, 2014

Journal: Building Character

Hi All,
My weekly journal challenge was a big step for me.  I have never taken an art class or had a mentor; I just jumped in with both feet.  
I have been having so much fun painting over the last few weeks!
Let’s recap; living room wall and ceiling to cover new drywall, trim, floor board and window casing with faux oak finish, hall way and ceiling in two colors, and yes, my weekly journal! 


After the first couple of weeks, I found a wonderful blog called  Journal 52.
Each week a new prompt for your journal will be delivered to your inbox, (if you sign up).  The ideas are not difficult for a beginner, yet a skilled artist will have fun too.  It is wonderful to have an idea presented and then find a way to build it.
This week the prompt was to “build character”, to create a character that could be anything you can imagine.


If you are  interested in starting your own journal, please take a minute and visit the  community board on Flickr  The artists are ready to support and have wonderful ideas to share.

Follow my Journal Page at SHINE: A Journal in the Making.

Until next time,
Deb

No comments: