_

March 24, 2014

VINTAGE: STROLLING THROUGH A THRIFT STORE

Hi All,
I am so glad more and more people are recycling old and unwanted items through donations to thrift stores.
Stores with purpose are my favorites, like the Hospice store near me. Quality donations are taken by volunteers, priced and displayed in a pleasing manner. Proceeds benefit programs centered around Hospice, but the added bonus is the community. Shoppers can find nice items that have been used gently. It is a wonderful circle of those no longer needing a house full of items to those that are starting out needing basic supplies and finding treasures.
When I am visiting the store, my eyes wander to the vintage items. It makes me laugh a little when I see something that I grew up with now considered "vintage", but I love the younger folks that appreciate the style and value on these items.


See the colored tags? Every 2 weeks a new color sticker will be put on incoming items; these will be full price for 2 weeks, then reduced to 50% off, and 2 weeks later to 75% off! What a deal!


I always see nice vintage dishes, the prices on these are reasonable, but I will gamble and see if they will be on sale soon!


Here is a sample of decades of footwear! Notice several pairs of pointed toes, square toes, big block heels, flats, pumps, and open toe!

Make a trip to your local thrift store, whether you are dropping off something or looking for something unique. Your donation or purchase will be helping many people. You never know, you may have fun finding the perfect treasure or it might be the volunteer job you have been looking for.
  


No comments: