_

February 8, 2014

ART JOURNAL: ABSTRACT

Feb. 8, 2014

Hi, All!
Art Journal page for this week’s challenge was to create an abstract page.  I made a floral jungle I called Alice is Lost.




I used acrylics to provide a background then added gesso stencils over for texture. More paint, stamps, markers, colored pencils, and a little fabric on the edge, oh my!

I had so much fun doing this project that I made a second page called Free Zone.
This was much simpler; stamps of paint in various sizes using cans and tubes, then filled in with paint, outlined with a black sharpie.



Next week the art journal challenge will have a Valentines theme.  Check #Journal 52 on Flicker, to see how other artist interpret the themes.
If you like to see my other art journal pages they are here at Shine: A Journal in the Making.
Until next time,

Deb

No comments: