_

January 8, 2014

Organizing: Making Space to Create

Hi beautiful makers of art!
Where do you create? What does your space look like?
We all know that organization is the key to finding supplies and having a peaceful space.
Follow me over the next several weeks as I "take back" a space for my studio.

There is a room in my house that has become the dumping ground for boxes that have traveled with me for many years.
Why?  Well, life, employment and the desire to work on the fix-it-upper that I call home.
Now, it is the time to make this room functional, fun and full of those memories that were so important to hold on to and a place to create.
This is what I am starting with:





Yeah, see what I mean?  The room is 11 feet by 13 feet, can you see the walls? Nope.
I started with gathering ideas and made an inspiration board on Pinterest.


Then I drew a layout of how I wanted the room to work with what I already owned.  I really believe to re-use and re-purpose whenever possible.




Adjustable wall shelving helped get boxes off the floor.  Later I can display those treasures.
This is where I am today:



I plan on having 4 work areas for different types of projects
  • Cutting table at a comfortable standing height 
  • Desk area for computer and desk stuff
  • Sewing table for machine and all sewing gear
  • Wide heavy table for messy projects and hammering
By design, I should have room for a cozy rocking chair, a large file cabinet and a rolling desk chair. Right now, I can see the walls and the floor and that is a good start!


Until next time,

Deb







No comments: