_

January 14, 2014

One Blog Leads to Another

One site I love visiting is #Blind Pig & The Acorn.  The music is real; played from the heart, by people who live what they are singing about.
Tipper Pressley writes about her home and heritage in the Appalachian community she loves, it reminds me of the rural mountain area where I live, also rich in history.  Maybe I relate to the old ways, yearning for the simpler things in life that hard work brings; gardening, cooking from scratch, sewing, family and music. Mostly, I love the Grannyisms; reflections from folks about their Granny.
Thinking about my Grandmothers, both so different, yet both strong from hard struggles faced through their young lives.  I feel blessed for the path they plowed.  They gave so much to our family.  They were the anchor, the rock, and glue of the family.
It is important to keep traditions alive; whether it be through a saying, a jar of pickles, the way the vegetable garden is laid out, the stitches on a quilt.  Teach, talk, tell stories over and over, sing, play music and laugh with the children.  They are the future Grannies.   

Until next time,

Deb


1 comment:

Tipper said...

Wow-thank you so much! It makes my day to know you enjoy visiting the Blind Pig & the Acorn!!